Saturday, May 5, 2012

Creativity

The time has come to get creative with my bamboo trellis, the wild texas cherry has out grown it. I walked out in the backyard just to see how everything looked before I went out to meet a friend for brunch on Thursday...this is what I found:
FYI It used to look beautiful and glorious, like this:

I was already dressed in my cute going to brunch clothes but I couldn't bring myself to leave the poor tomato vine like that, specially after all the work I put into having it grown vertically. I grabbed some twin and strung it across the falling down portion to form a kind of support that would hold until I was able to come up with something better.

I decided that I would just hang up some of the extra mesh trellis around the tomato vine to give it some extra support, so on Friday when I got home from work I got out in the yard and started working. I measured and cut the trellis, I started the hanging process, and then I got stung by a wasp FOR THE THIRD TIME THIS WEEK. The twine was still doing its job, so I threw in the towel for the day.  I have no idea why this keeps happening, there are not an abundance of wasps, just one or two that I can tell and their nest is not even in our back yard. I have searched everywhere to find where they are living/hiding from me, but I haven't had any luck.

Anyway, I got home early from work today and decided to give it another try...this is what I came up with. I don't know if it is a permanent fix but it will do for now:

In other news, Kody and I went to the Bayou Bend Gardens on Wednesday afternoon after work. The whole place is covered in azalea plants, so I can only Imagine how impressive it looks in the early spring...however the azaleas were all done blooming so there was not a whole lot of color. We did find this dreamy Magnolia though:

No comments:

Post a Comment